Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums

Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   SBR KTM 2-day superbike school (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6247)

Rosso 07-07-2010 11:18 PM

SBR KTM 2-day superbike school

Since there was no June Elkhart Lake event this year and late June in Georgia was less than appealing, I thought I would try something COMPLETELY different and signed up for the two-day Skippy-KTM superbike school at Laguna Seca. I have lots of street-seat time on the Ducati, but this was my first track event on two wheels, so I approached it with some apprehension. After all, it is a good bit easier to get banged up if something goes wrong on two wheels. After doing the school all I can say is: What an absolute blast! The KTM RC8 bikes were rockets, immaculately turned out, the program was well designed to build confidence and speed quickly, and we had what I thought were exceptional instructors (including the quite lovely and fast Christie Cooley :o:) and a guest appearance by pro Eric Bostrom. I'd do it again, and I would not have thought so before the event.

dalyduo 07-08-2010 09:32 PM

Re: SBR KTM 2-day superbike school

At the open wheel season finale at Laguna in the spring there was a superbike school in tandem with our early lapping days and it looked like they were having a very good time. Lots of happy fully engaged faces in an impressive variety of ages. :cool3:

F1Racer 07-27-2011 10:41 PM

WOW!! thats awesome, I would definately love to have that experience. I have myself a CBR600RR and I love it. I cant imagine what kind of power those bikes have. How much is it for a course like that?

dalyduo 07-27-2011 11:02 PM

Sadly the superbike school is no more. The shut it down this year.... Sorry 'bout that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1Racer (Post 45585)
WOW!! thats awesome, I would definately love to have that experience. I have myself a CBR600RR and I love it. I cant imagine what kind of power those bikes have. How much is it for a course like that?

F1Racer 07-27-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalyduo (Post 45588)
Sadly the superbike school is no more. The shut it down this year.... Sorry 'bout that.

REALLY!!! Dam, o well. Thanks for the horrible news. Why did they shut it down? Did they not get enough people to take course?

dalyduo 07-28-2011 12:19 AM

Enrollment was average and it split the resources of the company for a program that really wasn't it's strength. The people who did it liked it but there weren't enough customers to make it viable. It was the pet project of a former COO. When he left, they offered it to him but he declined so they closed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1Racer (Post 45591)
REALLY!!! Dam, o well. Thanks for the horrible news. Why did they shut it down? Did they not get enough people to take course?

Rosso 07-28-2011 02:08 PM

The entire SBR Laguna Seca program at every level is a complete puzzle to me.

F1Racer 07-28-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalyduo (Post 45594)
Enrollment was average and it split the resources of the company for a program that really wasn't it's strength. The people who did it liked it but there weren't enough customers to make it viable. It was the pet project of a former COO. When he left, they offered it to him but he declined so they closed it.

Thats too bad. I was looking into it not to long ago and it seemed very cool. The bikes looked amazing. Wouldve been nice to take those courses. O well. Maybe i should open up my own superbike racing school. Lol

Slowhands 07-28-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1Racer (Post 45619)
Thats too bad. I was looking into it not to long ago and it seemed very cool. The bikes looked amazing. Wouldve been nice to take those courses. O well. Maybe i should open up my own superbike racing school. Lol

If you're interested in doing a superbike school, this looks like a good one. Schwantz is an ace.

http://www.schwantzschoolnews.com/index.html