Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums

Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/index.php)
-   F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Where is LeMans live timing????? (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9065)

Mopar92 06-12-2011 08:25 AM

Where is LeMans live timing?????

grand am is simple to use.... Now, where is LeMans live T&S?????

dalyduo 06-12-2011 09:10 AM

Re: Where is LeMans live timing?????

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h-d...ve-timing.html

Mopar92 06-12-2011 09:16 AM

Only shows past sessions and the starting grid... French people suck

dalyduo 06-12-2011 09:29 AM

:rotflmao: Sacre bleu! If you click on "live timing" you should get the current finishing results with color coded classes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopar92 (Post 44574)
Only shows past sessions and the starting grid... French people suck

cdh 06-12-2011 12:03 PM

Where was Le Mans skilled driving? So many unforced errors by great drivers, odd race.

Mopar92 06-12-2011 12:14 PM

Road racing is thickening up quick with all these trust funded brats . It's high speed polo anyways...

Slowhands 06-13-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdh (Post 44586)
Where was Le Mans skilled driving? So many unforced errors by great drivers, odd race.

Audi changed the game with the dominant (in both pace and engineering) R8/R10 with the result that for those that want to challenge for overall victory, even the 12 and 24 hour races have become all-out sprints. Patience has become a casualty in this shift in the mentality of endurance racing. Drivers in cars capable of winning are no longer willing to give up precious tenths to slower traffic and are taking chances that sometimes don't pay off. Combine that with the issue Mopar raises (in his usual inimitable style) of inexperienced gentlemen drivers in slower GT cars with suboptimal situational awareness, and you have a recipe for the kind of events we saw.

p.s. Keith ol' buddy-- cut the French some slack-- they helped us beat the British back when it counted. They may not be Zen, but a French car engineer invented the string bikini! Can you imagine what grid girls might look like if the Brits, Germans, or (gulp) Russians (not to mention June Cleaver) were the leaders of fashion? :wave:

cdh 06-13-2011 12:57 PM

I've been saying the only ones who can beat Audi drivers are....Audi drivers.

"He only had 23 hours to complete the pass" is still the best line about the dumb McNish move. Thanks Frosty

Slowhands 06-13-2011 03:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
One badass piece of engineering tho. Brutally beautiful. Tough to watch them fly into a million pieces. Glad the drivers were ok-- those were some scary incidents.

cdh 06-13-2011 05:29 PM

Brutish looking, which I like, except for that fin - so I did this quick chop last month.
I did forget a wing post so it appears to be just floating behind the car :mdrmed:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._1611058_n.jpg

WatertownNewbie 06-13-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowhands (Post 44625)
Tough to watch them fly into a million pieces. Glad the drivers were ok-- those were some scary incidents.

Drivers!?!? What about those poor chaps standing just behind the tire wall as McNish came flynig up the wall and looked for all intents as if he was going to ginve them all a quick haircut? Those were the lucky ones.

cdh 06-13-2011 06:27 PM

Absolutely, been saying that all along. 5-10" more flight elevation and it would have been horrific - red flag time :stop:
One person was saying those people were crazy to be standing where there was no catch fencing...obviously not a shooter.

Slowhands 06-13-2011 08:46 PM

Being a Batman devotee, I love the fin.

WTN: thinking more about the Rockenfeller incident. Absolutely the guys behind the tire wall in the McNish incident got VERY lucky. The car teetered vertically in the air for a moment (making a surreal still life worthy of Dali) but the splitter hooked the top of the wall just right and sent it pirouetting back to the other side.

Did you see the guy in the foreground near the parked scooter? I think he was shooting video. He flinched briefly but moved back in to keep shooting even while carbon fiber was raining all around. He never took his eye from the viewfinder and never saw the loose wheel bouncing behind him. That is commitment. :bowdown:

cdh 06-13-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowhands (Post 44644)
Being a Batman devotee, I love the fin.

k
http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/images/sen-gotham1.jpg

Slowhands 06-14-2011 09:19 AM

Wow, I look good in that! (But then again who wouldn't?) Gotta get me one of those. thanks Doug, now I know what my F2000 car will look like! (and you think I'm kidding)

Only a few weeks till Road America. To the SlowBatCave! Must...sit...in...meditation..with...bat brothers...absorb...ancient...ultrasonic... tribal...wisdom...must...regain...driving...speed. ..and...ability...to...drive...without...clutch... or...brakes...Strelzoff...and...Daly...getting...t oo...cocky

cdh 06-14-2011 09:26 AM

no....must....get....more....seat.....time

simple as that, you are over thinking this way too much. Trust me, you will have better results and a ton more fun if you don't try so hard. Works every time.

Drive the track...drive the track :wave: