Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums

Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements & Support (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   SkippyForums' New Server Performance :: Poll and Comments (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5079)

sydude 02-01-2010 04:09 PM

SkippyForums' New Server Performance :: Poll and Comments

We'd love to hear what your feedback on the changes/overall performance of the new server is. Please vote, and also reply with comments as applicable.

Thanks!

oldredracer 02-01-2010 07:17 PM

Re: SkippyForums' New Server Performance :: Poll and Comments

I have to log in every time now where it used to be automatic. Are you gonna lecture me about my cookies??

dalyduo 02-01-2010 07:21 PM

What worked for me was clearing the cache in my browser... And you should eat less cookies. :D

cheekychica 02-02-2010 04:40 AM

This may be obvious, but make sure the little box next to the log-in is checked. It says something like "remember me" or "keep me logged in". I had to log in each time after the upgrade, and then I realized that the box had become un-checked. I clicked it, logged in, and haven't had to re-login since.

oldredracer 02-02-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalyduo (Post 35674)
What worked for me was clearing the cache in my browser... And you should eat less cookies. :D

You leave my sock drawer and my waistline out of this.

oldredracer 02-02-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekychica (Post 35679)
This may be obvious, but make sure the little box next to the log-in is checked. It says something like "remember me" or "keep me logged in". I had to log in each time after the upgrade, and then I realized that the box had become un-checked. I clicked it, logged in, and haven't had to re-login since.

Every time, Kiddo. BTW. If it's 0330, are you looking at it from Monday or Tuesday? Ah, to be young.:bowdown:

cdh 02-02-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalyduo (Post 35674)

That's Browser, not Trouser ORR :D

oldredracer 02-02-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdh (Post 35699)
That's Browser, not Trouser ORR :D

Ok, so clearing the cache worked. But you gotta know that nobody likes a smarty pants.:wave:

cheekychica 02-03-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldredracer (Post 35681)
BTW. If it's 0330, are you looking at it from Monday or Tuesday? Ah, to be young.:bowdown:

Until I go to bed, it's still "____ night". So right now, at 1:30am, it's Tuesday night, not Wednesday morning. At a certain point, though (5:00am-ish?) it turns into "morning".

And I may be able to stay up late, but I can't function as well on minimal sleep like I used to be able to.

oldredracer 02-03-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekychica (Post 35704)
Until I go to bed, it's still "____ night". So right now, at 1:30am, it's Tuesday night, not Wednesday morning. At a certain point, though (5:00am-ish?) it turns into "morning".

And I may be able to stay up late, but I can't function as well on minimal sleep like I used to be able to.

It's gonna get worse. Feel the need for an afternoon nap yet??

cheekychica 02-03-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldredracer (Post 35707)
It's gonna get worse. Feel the need for an afternoon nap yet??

All the time! :bored:

Gerardo 02-03-2010 08:32 PM

You guys crack me up! Racing put me on a better sleep schedule than I had in my first round of college years ago.

Sy, the site is working nicely for me. I saw today some new photos posted at the top, pretty cool. I also like how the forum links are now on the left half of the browser window. Not sure who made those changes, but they are nice. Thank you Sy, Pat, Doug, Greg, others.

Slowhands 02-04-2010 12:44 AM

Working great for me now! The site is faster than I've ever experienced it. Thanks guys. I just knew if I could put Greg and Sy in touch good things would happen. This is such a cool bunch of folks to hang around.

GT-Subject 02-06-2010 11:04 AM

Slowhands - I love your new avatar (well, I mean not love........but I like it a lot:o). Hey speaking of avatar, being this huge hit movie and all; I'm sure that the name has somehow been copywirtten or some other such lame legal proceeding - does this all mean I will have to pay a royality to someone everytime I use the word?:hi-jack:. Can I pay in Canadian dollars (or as we call then in Canidiot land loonies)?

dalyduo 02-06-2010 01:13 PM

We'll have to change the name to Avatarandfeather and given this economy what better name for money than loony?! As long as you're spending 'em on racing, we'd prefer you spend 'em here with a company owned a friend from Canada. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT-Subject (Post 35780)
Slowhands - I love your new avatar (well, I mean not love........but I like it a lot:o). Hey speaking of avatar, being this huge hit movie and all; I'm sure that the name has somehow been copywirtten or some other such lame legal proceeding - does this all mean I will have to pay a royality to someone everytime I use the word?:hi-jack:. Can I pay in Canadian dollars (or as we call then in Canidiot land loonies)?

cdh 02-07-2010 02:44 AM

The definitve Avatar / Cameron review / lambaste - hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJarz7BYnHA

cdh 02-13-2010 03:38 PM

Sy, like the Facebook interface, cool, but it swaps my SF avatar to my FB profile pic when I post to FB, can we kill that?

sydude 02-14-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdh (Post 35930)
Sy, like the Facebook interface, cool, but it swaps my SF avatar to my FB profile pic when I post to FB, can we kill that?

Yes, definitely.

First, go to the Facebook Connect link in the toolbar, or click here:

http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ile.php?do=fbb

Next, change the avatar sync setting on the page, all the way at the bottom. I think it's the last setting. That should do it.

S

cdh 02-14-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydude (Post 35943)
Yes, definitely.

First, go to the Facebook Connect link in the toolbar, or click here:

http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ile.php?do=fbb

Next, change the avatar sync setting on the page, all the way at the bottom. I think it's the last setting. That should do it.

S

I had it OFF, should it be on?

Slowhands 02-15-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT-Subject (Post 35780)

Paul, you should most appropriately pay a royalty to ME, since as everyone knows, avatar is an ancient Sanskrit word and I seem to be the only one here who knows how to correctly pronounce both "avatar" and "Sanskrit." Canidiot dollars are excellent and since they'll be legal tender down here in the lower 48 soon, maybe I can accumulate enough of them to buy a paddock pass for the Montreal GP.

sydude 02-15-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdh (Post 35945)
I had it OFF, should it be on?

I think it should be OFF. Mine is ON, and my avatar is syncing. Yours shouldn't sync if it says OFF.

cdh 02-16-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowhands (Post 35973)
Paul, you should most appropriately pay a royalty to ME, since as everyone knows, avatar is an ancient Sanskrit word and I seem to be the only one here who knows how to correctly pronounce both "avatar" and "Sanskrit." Canidiot dollars are excellent and since they'll be legal tender down here in the lower 48 soon, maybe I can accumulate enough of them to buy a paddock pass for the Montreal GP.

No no no, this is about imagery, not vocabulary.... :hand:

Slowhands 02-16-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdh (Post 35983)
No no no, this is about imagery, not vocabulary.... :hand:

Doug-- as the creator and purveyor of some of the finest, most radical, and most creative imaginery in the motorsports world, if not the entire commercial graphics space, you are likely an avatar yourself. In fact, whenever I first see you, I half expect some graphic to pop out of the side of your head as you climb out of your Mini, which I also expect to morph. I bet that big camera we see you with is nothing more than a hologram. I am absolutely convinced you stuck your Mini on that tree stump on PURPOSE because you knew that was what the Universe wanted you to do, for the photo op.