View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Solutions to the Point of Diminishing Returns

[QUOTE=rcote;34928 Car testing is another good time for that. You know those half day lapping days that are usually used for car equalization testing on the open part of that day??? Alot of people don't realize that can be very beneficial for someone in a position such as yourself.

Most of all don't get discouraged. Have fun, ask questions. Remember, 90% of being fast and consistent is mental.[/QUOTE]

Another good reason to get to the track early. Unfortunately, I've been crimped on time the last couple of event weekends. I do follow this advice, however, when I'm there. RB in the Esses at Road Atlanta is just plain fun to watch, in addition to being informative. Something like, "Wow, how the hell did he do that?"...

And thanks for the reminder!

To Ted's point - My times are more consistent. I'm more comfortable in the car. And, I'm better at bailing myself out in a pinch.

As for desire - I couldn't agree more. And, like most all that frequent this site, this is why I'm pecking away at the computer while thinking about how to do something better that I won't have a chance to do for another two months!

Thanks for all of the responses, guys. This is a truley altruistic group and I'm proud to be a part of the Skippy fraternity. Now who is going to teach me how to quote multiple responses in a single entry!