View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Solutions to the Point of Diminishing Returns

To close the loop on this thread after last weekend at Sebring, I took a lot of your advice and it worked well. Here's what I did:
  1. Obtained in-car video of someone running laps at 2:28, compared and contrasted to my own videos and looked for big gaps;
  2. Reviewed computer car data from last year, overlapped the data this showed me with that above, and created a plan of attack;
  3. Participated in Gerardo's video conference the night before I left for Florida, took extensive notes and used these to mentally prepare during the drive down. I literally drove hundreds of visualized laps, thinking through the pointers that Gerardo had offered;
  4. Started out of the shoot with a lead-follow session with Rob Slonaker. Used video from this to mentally imprint what Rob offered over the radio during the session;
  5. Recorded each session and reviewed it while considering the feedback the instructors had provided that session;
  6. Set up to follow drivers that were faster then me during each session;
  7. Went out to the corners and watched testers, took notes and attempted to emulate (to the level of my ability).
Although I had done some or most of this in the past, using this integrated approach to define a very specific plan of attack created a very different environment at the track.

Thanks again for all of the feedback, fellow TJRs. It was great to see some of you at the track last weekend. And, I hope to see others soon.

gdr