View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: What do you want to see new or more of on this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsutherland View Post
If you would like more participation in the site, perhaps opening it up to people who have SBRS as a common tying thread would yield more members, posts etc. When it was TJR the site name didn't imply that it was strictly for current SBRS participants. I would be curious to know how much traffic has fallen since the name swap. I for one, would be more active in the site, if it weren't only about SBRS. Personally some of the more interesting threads were about what folks were doing outside of SBRS. Jim Lowe did some neat stuff, reading Mr. Pews post about his activities were very cool.

I guess I think the site functioned better when it was about the people who had SBRS as their racing background, not about SBRS itself. The people who race, and work at SBRS are what make it interesting, not SBRS the corporation.

Craig
Oh boy, can't win either way.. The reason why we changed the name was because too many people felt that 'Team Juicy' was an eastern series site, or a site based on a specific circle of people, which was not the case. We felt that changing the name the way we did would make our doors feel open to those in the SBRS community that felt excluded before.

I think what's had the biggest negative impact on this site is not the change of the name, but the general degradation of the active driver base at skippy, plus the feeling of malaise that is creeping in to the old guard. I'm not going to get into details on why, but I think many of you know what I mean. The only question is, can we do anything to help? And I mean either with this site OR with SBRS.