View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Re: Why are you 'Better at sex than anyone...all I need is a partner'?

Perhaps I am in the minority on this, but I'm interested to find out. Two things troubled me lately.

The first was making the 'Juicy Girl in Pants' the default header. My mother reads this site on occasion, my staff reads it, and I have suggested that clients read it. There are certainly aspects of the site I wouldn't particularly want them to see, but they can pick and choose at their own discretion and risk. To make the header blatantly sexual is a mistake. This is primarily a site geared around racing, and one of the two racing headers ought to be the default. I have also been embarrassed when logging in from 'public' computers... business centers, client offices, etc. Unlike others, I don't lug my own computer wherever I go, and so rely on these other access points.

Second, I'm not crazy about the 'Better at sex' tag being automatically applied. I'm not concerned (for the most part) about how people identify themselves, or what they choose to post. But, I think we ought not label newbies that way. Imagine my mother decided to post something. Quite uncool if that became her 'title'. I guarantee you she wouldn't know how to change it. Also, while it might be funny if one person chose it for themself, it kind of loses its edge if 50% of posters have that title.

Thoughts?