View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Cabana #5 @ The Lime Rock Park Trans Am

Agreed "oldred" A memorable day for all kinds of reasons.

The goal arriving to wind driven rain and 44 degree temps was to be overdressed. Wore ski pants, turtle neck, flannel shirt, down vest, LL Bean Maine warden's parka and insulated hiking boots. I was comfortable all day but many were not.

The wind was so strong that the scissor framework at the back of the cabana collapsed during the last race of the day. Fortunately we were packed up and ready to go and the corner legs held it up just enough that we could see the finish protected from the rain before evacuating. Doubt that particular cabana will live to see another race but it gave it's life for a good cause.

Visits from Roger Cote, Rick Pocock and Oldred among Skippy instructors. Other friends came by for our relatively dry protected perch on the hill to make it a very good day.

With low attendance due to the weather Eric Ives and Bruce MacInnes drew the "Maytag Loneliest guys in town award" for working the Skip Barber booth on the Midway.

Lots of good racing on track with my favorite being the F1600 races. Recent Skip Barber racers Jake Eidson won both races. Adrian Starrantino after spinning while battling for P2 recovered quickly finishing P3 in race 1 and took P2 in race 2. Aaron Teliz was P3 in race 2 and Ayla Agren who spun in race 1 finishing toward the back, recovered nicely in race 2 to finish P6. Impressive but not surprising to see these Skip barber kids dominating their new race series. The training works!

Great people gathered for a great day at the track in absolutely miserable weather conditions. We made the best of it!

A picture from the R1 F1600 winners circle with Jake Eidson on the top step and Adriean Starrantio in P3 on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
Good shelter. Great racing. Excellent host and good company. I stopped shivering about an hour and an adult beverage after I got home.
Thank you, Pat.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0643.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	4874