View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Motorsport Illustrated News

Today while coaching for young driver Andrew Baxter at VIR (Intercontinental Touring Cup, Porsche Cayman S), I met two gentlemen who are the publisher and marketing arm of a new weekly racing magazine called Motorsport Illustrated News.

It's been a great many years since we've had a magazine that was published this often. Back in the day, On Track was published every two weeks. It's original format was a glossy cover over newsprint black-and-white pages. The writing covered the major series, as well as almost every support and feeder series you could think of. Motorsport Illustrated News follows a similar format. The print is on newsprint style paper, but in full color throughout. The writing is a nice mix of multi-page feature articles and many other pages filled with short article blurbs covering that week's happenings. There is covereage of a great variety of feeder series, including USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights, European F3, and even the small but growing ITC series my client competed in today at VIR.

I believe theres is space in our market for this magazine. RACER, another of my favorites, is a great product (thank you Paul Pfanner) we get to enjoy once a month. Motorsport Illustrated News has the benefit of weekly delivery, to tell us the stories beyond results in a timely manner that is still fresh from the event.

I like what these guys are trying to do, and my first look at their magazine is real positive.

Give them a look at http://www.motorsportin.com. Yes, they have digital subscriptions, which will work for many of you, but there is something special about holding a paper copy in your hands that can't be replicated with a digital device.

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use