View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Re: Team Juicy Site Slow?

Just got off phone with host co., totally unsatisfactory.

"Well you see sir, with shared site hosting on one server there can be times when another site abuses the server resources and in turn your site can be adversely affected".

HUH? So you are telling me your hardware is not up to the task?

"That is not what I said sir".

I explained that up until 2 weeks ago the performance has been very very good, vbulletin software upgraded / reinstalled, there are users all over the country, make that all over the world (sorry Stir/Bek) and all have been having similar problems, it must be the host.

"As I explained sir, with shared site hosting on one server there may be times when another site may be abusing the server resources and in turn your site can be adversely affected" ...... .....

So you are saying we can now expect these problems to continue as they are part of your normal operations?

"That is not what I said sir, you see sometimes with shared site hosting...."

I told Sy to contact idiot #2 I spoke with and decide if we should find another host. If I were paying the bills it would be adios aplusnet. We'll keep ya posted. BTW, site performance has been acceptable at my end, not as good as it used to be but not too bad. A couple times it took a while to login or post but for the most part it is ok.

Oh yeah, everyone I have spoken to at aplusnet has an accent you can cut with a knife making communications that much more difficult and frustrating. No, this is not a comment on our changing workforce.....I'll leave that for another forum