View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Living with a Corvette in winter in Quebec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Got it on the clean wiper area or they won't work. The trick would be to figure out some sort of cover or mat that would protect that area when it snowed without freezing to the car. Then you could lift it off and go. :-)

I'm surprised you can't run the A/C with the heater? I'd check the manual on that as there is usually a way to run the A/C with the heat. Have been able to do that with every car I've had for the last 30 years, but I've no experience with Corvettes. There's usually a switch or button that activates the A/C compressor that can be turned on or off in heat mode. Perhaps it uses the A/C compressor all the time.

We were at -5 below fahrenheit last night with wind chill -25, tonight -9 below. Impressive what extreme cold does to cars and all things mechanical.

There is a pic of a typical climate controller in a LT1 C4...
"AUTO" makes the heat fluctuate automatically to maintain the temperature in the car, while the other "auto" between the two up and own arrows makes the blow of the fan fluctuate automtically instead of the temperature itself...
I'll check, but for now I don't think I can run both at same time
-4F now, but supposed to be -20F later on tonight... My battery will love that hahaha