View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Rolex 24 at Daytona!

The problem was they called the Ferrari for avoidable contact when there happened to be a perfectly placed video camera that showed they could not have been any closer but never actually touched. Race control isn't watching the Fox 1 feed so may not have seen that angle until the Ferrari team protested and they gathered evidence for review after the race. It was tough hard racing at the end, but probably fair. He should have left the Audi more room but on the last lap all bets are off.

That last yellow light was a cheap excuse to bring everyone together for a tight battle at the finish. As a racer I hated it, as a spectator I loved it.

Absolutely loved the lights showing class and current position on cars. Makes a huge difference for both TV and on track spectators. A no brainer game changer for all enduros going forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see it at LeMans. It means you can spend more time actually watching the cars and less time staring at Race Monitor or live timing and scoring.

Great to hear Sam Posey's commentary multiple times through the coverage. Glad he's working for both Fox and NBC.

I thought Fox way oversold commercials on the coverage. Much too intrusive to the coverage. I DVR'd the Sunday morning coverage starting at 7a and started watching at noon, about 2 hours before the race ended. Had pretty much caught up to the live finish by fast forwarding past commercials and yellow flags.

Great to see so many Skip Barber alums in the Rolex and Continental Challenge.

Was really pulling for The Taylors and Max to win it. I'm sure Wayne put himself in the car so he could retire from racing at Daytona after driving with both his sons. He got kidded for looking old and exhausted when he got out of the car but I totally got why he did it. P2 isn't bad but P1 would have been the ultimate icing on the cake. Love Jordan cultivating his mullet. Sure he's been advised by Hazmat.

Overall, for a first time unification event I thought it was well done.