View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Re: What do you want to see new or more of on this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
I am wondering if we could get SB to encourage all new customers/drivers/students to join TJRSF - it is after all the offical clubhouse of SB. It would and could be a very symbiotic deal - new customers get a feel for the SB driver group and we get to extoll the virtues of racing with SB. I will ask Todd how we implement something like this.
Please do, Paul. Maybe they will listen to you.
Quote:
Another place we can generate interest is at race weekends - I will make sure that I talk up the existence of TJRSF. I think each of us at race weekends should make sure that the people we talk to know of the existence of our forum - a simple invite to new drivers will do wonders.
def agree. That's how I interested Paul Fisk in joining. Although I feel bad if Luigi didn't know about the site, since he and I had our wheel-to-wheel battles, and clearly, I didn't think to mention it.
Quote:
I challenge all forum members to find and embed interesting racing stuff that we can all enjoy. I can't hurt and it may help to stir up some interest.

What do all ya all think (to coin a Wattsism) ?
many hands make exponentially more activity. It's synergistic. BTW, Watts would never say that. It's Y'ALL, Captain Canada, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
good luck, I already suggested this. ...

Maybe put up a banner in the hospitality tent?
all Greg's ideas are excellent. I share his frustration in getting SB to actually implement a lot of stuff that would help them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsutherland View Post
I haven't raced with SBRS in years, and don't plan to again for a variety of reasons. I have posted a few hundred pics, and 5 or so videos. The majority of that content was not SBRS related. I guess the site needs to decide what kind of people it wants to be active. Those who are currently active in the series, or those who have it as their racing background.
Craig-- IMO the stuff you post is unique, very cool, of great interest, and valuable to the site. That's exactly the kind of related motorsports stuff that enhances the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Why should one group exclude the other?
Michael Culver has a completely different attitude about this site than Aaron H. did. He views it positively and supports it as a form of customer feedback and support he couldn't pay for anywhere else. The desire by previous management to have us dry up and blow away no longer exists. Nor is there a desire here to only serve Skip Barber customers. IMHO It should absolutely be a site that supports any car enthusiast with an obvious bend toward anyone with an SBRS background.
I agree with Pat, the 2 groups are not exclusive, in fact I would hope the Skippy "bloodlines" would tie folks to each other forever. Which would mean folks who had moved on to whatever would continue posting about their activities.

Michael Culver may have a different attitude, but he seems to share previous management's mystifying inability to actually TRUST the ideas we come up with and actually try them out. Maybe it's lack of funds, and that's a whole nuther problem, but their customer service and IT devoted to their customer family needs a huge upgrade in order to generate the interest to keep people coming back.