View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: What do you want to see new or more of on this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
I am wondering if we could get SB to encourage all new customers/drivers/students to join TJRSF - it is after all the offical clubhouse of SB. It would and could be a very symbiotic deal - new customers get a feel for the SB driver group and we get to extoll the virtues of racing with SB. I will ask Todd how we implement something like this.
good luck, I already suggested this.
I actually have an unpopular idea that skippy should be running their own forums or/and merge these forums together OR link to this site from the current site. (prolly a link would make the people here most happy, but good luck getting the brass to bless that idea.)

I feel this way because it would hopefully drive more members. Luigi and his Dad who are doing the summer series had NO idea about these forums which is a shame. There is a value that these forums provide that is not being harnessed. People curious about SB would be more likely to race with us knowing that it is a club racing and a blast (most of the time :P ).

Then we could add features to energize the racing series recruiting:

They should post all audio clips from the race series to these forums. It is a problem that some of the language gets colorful, but it is actually what I love. We have hbo right? Does everything have to be PG?

They should have posts ala twitter (though I really hate twitter) to these or their official forums so that people can understand what is going on here. I think more drivers would sign up if they knew how exciting our racing is.

It should be easier to see the current standings. It is a joke how hard it is to find the standings currently.

OK -ill stop before i get on someone's hate list

Quote:

Another place we can generate interest is at race weekends - I will make sure that I talk up the existence of TJRSF. I think each of us at race weekends should make sure that the people we talk to know of the existence of our forum - a simple invite to new drivers will do wonders.
Maybe put up a banner in the hospitality tent?

Quote:

On another note, it is very hard to compete with all of the other Web 2.0 content that is out there, howver it is very easy to link motorsports related items of interest to the TJRSF site without a lot of copy writing or additional work. I challenge all forum members to find and embed interesting racing stuff that we can all enjoy. I can't hurt and it may help to stir up some interest.

What do all ya all think (to coin a Wattsism) ?
Great Idea.

I like seeing interesting stuff.

BTW
This is a good site

http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com