View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006
GrandMasterB
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

Looking at the evidence, it is also clear that the HANS device keeps the elephants away as well. Where is all this evidence that HANS devices are saving all these lives? How does one know? Unless we have the same wreck with a twin not wearing a HANS we really don't have any proof. Every time someone has big hit while wearing a HANS we immediately credit the device with saving yet another life. Back at St. Michael School we wore St. Christopher medals but not seat belts, it seemed to work.

It's too bad the various tracks we go to don't take it upon themselves to put some real padding in front of some of these walls. It's been two rows of tires ever since I can remember.

Everyone has to take care of themselves. If the HANS device did not cost $100.00 per ounce I would probably wear one. But at current prices I choose to go without. If SBRS chooses to mandate them then maybe they should supply them just like they do helmets and racing suits.

OLDMAN