View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Hello out there?

I think that it's down to two things:

1) A steady deterioration in Skippy's general business as well as product quality, which I believe has reflected in a steady deterioration in number of race seats sold, the number of customers, as well as the number of races each customer does at Skippy during their skippy life. Fewer customers with less loyalty = less camaraderie and less forum interaction.

2) Skippy ownership/upper management's viewpoints and policies regarding this forum as well as general customer retention/loyalty. Aaron & George's administration and policies drove hardcore/long-time supporters of SBRS away in droves (including myself), and Michael's tenure has been ineffectual in making amends and/or improvements. I used to be one of the biggest proponents and supporters of SBRS - not tooting my own horn, but I used to bring in a LOT of new racers every year, and I think I had a hand in keeping many racers in the program longer than they would have normally. And I wasn't the only one doing that, far from it. Speaking for myself at least, their arrogance and lack of any appreciation made me just not care anymore.