View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude
I was absolutely thrilled to hear from Divi yesterday that they gave our awesome Eastern Series testers HANS devices. A great step forward, if not to help promote the cause then just to protect incredible guys like Jason and RB who hang their lives out there for us every day. I didn't get a chance to ask her if they got them for everybody, but I'm sure they will if they haven't already.

This weekend was another big Watkins Glen crashfest with some really big hits - and luckily no one was hurt. Sore, yes, but no injuries.
Thats just super good news about the testers now wearing HANS devices.

Tim Hoagland reports from the Glen on his two major offs on consecutive days, straight into barriers, at the same corner.

"...Two big accidents (entry speed was 90 plus in one and 100 in the other ) were a bit much to take. HANS though, did a GREAT job. NO headache or neck pain. I'm very very lucky. This I do know".

Yes, as Tim only recently purchased his HANS device with no intention of testing it (twice) so soon.