Thread: Lead Follow
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Re: Lead Follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsutherland
In addition to the wonderful guy and gals at Mr. Chicken, who have made our racing possible with their generous series sponsorship. I would like to add "Harsha's House of Drinking" to the sponsorship program. All it needs is a catchy phrase like Mr. Chicken has.
Since such an establishment does not exist, I doubt the sponsorship idea you propose would be successful. And way too crass, lacking the finesse and elegance I epitomize. That was not MD2020 that was being passed around. No, they were some of the most traditional and carefully aged of the spirits available. Stevie D's contributions were meticulously handcrafted of the finest ingredients. Such a program would not do justice to the time-honored tradition of toasting the courage necessary for our dangerous game. A better idea would be to seek out the local racing watering holes for their support-- Siebken's, Seneca Lodge, Billy's Tap Room and Grill-- places oozing with the hangovers and history of brave and foolhardy souls, ourselves included. We are part of an honorable tradition, let's celebrate that.

And with that, I propose we put this VERY DEAD HORSE to rest, and return to the discussion of more relevant topics.