View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: F1 Chinese Grand Prix

I'll second Doug's observations.

I love what I'm seeing and think it's all good for the sport. DSR is their version of our hamster device and it sure is a lot better than when Michael won every week and you wouldn't see a pass after the first lap. They've worked hard at making the racing more exciting. More drivers and teams are in the hunt and there is much more uncertainty about who will win. It all makes you want to watch the race. I too stayed up to watch live and felt rewarded. I'm fine with the tire changes and rules.

Great to hear Weber used the harder compound early and then ran everybody down with the softer tires at the end when most had used their softies up. He caught so much flak in blogs and press for his low qually... All kinds of unkind talk about him being over the hill. He walked the walk and shut everyone down... Good for him.

DSR, KERS, two tire compounds that must be used and no more fuel stops give the teams many more strategic options and it all makes for better racing for race fans. Even the drivers seem happier.