View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Finally signed up for my 1st race!

Quick update on an very helpful person i spoke to with the other day. It was a short convo but he was very willing to help and provided me with good directions on where to look for some extra help. Also gave me an excellent track description of Sebring. I'm sure many of you guys have met this guy and know exactly his funny humor and willing to help that i'm talking about. His name is Bruce MacInnes.

I have a very good friend of mine who his father does some local SCCA races with his Z3 M coupe and he has told me in the past that he is friends with many skip barber instructors (mostly up north, mainly at Lime Rock). His name is Dace Lempert. His son, Mike Lempert who has taken a 3-day at LimeRock told me to call his dad's friend Bruce and see if he can give me a discount. No discount was given as they were only for school instructional events like 3-day and 2 day adv. etc but he did send me over to his website and i would definitely love to show you his article's he has on there that are very helpful.

Link: http://macinnesmotorsports.com/

On the phone, unfortunately his plane got into an accident at the airport with a gas truck i think it was bumped into it and damaged something but he was still very helpful and very funny. Very good guy and would just like to thank him (if he's on here) again for the great help and advice. His track description is very good! He told me to watch some specific video's that show the perfect line and as i follow that video with some key details as he wrote down on his "track description document", i have to say, its very good! Of course i will share!

Here is the track description from Bruce MacInnes:

http://macinnesmotorsports.com/Sebring.pdf

for anyone else looking for some help on lines and track descriptions, he also has Moroso (assuming old track), Lime Rock esses and many more. Please check it out if need any help

Thanks for reading,

Andor