View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

A blast is right But unfortunately I don't think that enrollment would be enough to justify the development of a program.. One of my friends Ryan (he's actually the one in my avatar in the 69 Camaro) helped to develop the drifting program for Bondoraunt. Supposedlly they only do a couple of those schools a year, usually part as some special program, not even as a "retail" type program.

From all the schools I've worked I kinda doubt the same people that would be really interested in learnin drifting would wanna pony up the $700-$1,110 a day that most Skippy programs run.

Now.. not saying that it's not something that should maybe be looked into. ANYTHING that could help Skippy to grow and prosper SHOULD be..

Also our car control clinics are pretty countured to the ability levels of those participateing.. I've worked CCC's where we spent almost all our time working on simple handbrake slides, because that's the level the student was at, and they wanted to focus on that sort of safety-based manuevers. I've spent others practicing lots of powersliding because thats where that particular student was at.

Incidently.. I've only had 2 students that were able to pulloff a full lap around L.R.'s skidpad in a full powerslide in probally thousand upon thousands of miles right seating in that circle. One was our very own Michael Auriemma ( your welcome MIke ) j/k

sooo.. drifting at Skippy?? maybe... hopefully we just won't be forced to do it in any of those F&F 3 cars....