View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

With all that's been said, I think we forgot to mention that Mazda has naming rights to the Western Series home track - Laguna Seca. I think having Mazda as the new partner would be a tremendous fit for SBRS for this alone - if for nothing more then to have an interest in the top driving school at one of the top tracks around the country all supporting the Mazda brand.

My first car was an RX7 and it was amazing. The rotary engine is bullet proof. The head Mazda mechanic told me one thing when I got the car. As long as there is oil, it's nearly indistructable. I had that car on the red-line every shift for 4 years and it loved it. It was capable of a lot more then the 8K redline.

Everything that I have read about the mazdaspeed 3 suggests that this could be a great powerplant. Would this mean faster cars for the series? Does anyone know the original HP rating of the Dodge powerplants we are currently using and presumably de-tuned?

I would be interested in stepping up to nationals for a couple races just to drive the rotary again and I would even consider re-visiting the classroom if there were a spec-miata SB offering. Whats to come?