View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: 1 Day Formula/MX-5 racing school

If you know you're going to do more of this then investing in a good set of nomex is a good idea. Otherwise a comfortable t-shirt and whatever kind of underwear you use (boxer or briefs) will have to do. You don't wear your jeans or pants inside the suit. If it's a very cold day you could wear long sleeves or a sweat shirt under the suit but doubt you'll need it. The MX-5's offer a bit more comfort from the wind than the open wheel cars do. Don't know if they'll offer video but if they do it's probably $100 or $125.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Perfection View Post
Update: It's a little less than a month until my 1 day racing school at Road Atlanta. I've been trying to prepare for driving a formula car by losing 15 lbs, heavy workout program, mental prep, and some indoor karting at andretti's. I bought racing shoes and gloves, and it just dawned on me....what am I wearing under the provided racing suit? I got the impression that we just put it on over our clothes, so anyone have any ideas what is comfortable under there besides nomex underwear? Also, how much is onboard footage? I guess it's obvious I'm a little excited about my extended test ride. I am already trying to scrape money together for another class.....