View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Living with a Corvette in winter in Quebec...

haha thank you
Yes it does take some determination to drive it everyday whatever the conditions... I have to admit I chose to stay at home twice (I can work from home when needed).
Biggest problem I have come from the wipers that are tiny and with a rather weak engine and the heater that seems not to want to work for a LOOOONG time when it's below 0 degrees F... I think it's some kind of security to help the engine warm up, but it's rather annoying as the more I breather, the more the inside of the winshield freezes
I end up scrapping te inside of the wwindows at every stop lights until the heater accepts to start working...
Other than that, it's pretty good really...
- 7°F right now, and for now she takes this "my owner is a dumbass who bought me but can't really afford a garage" thing farelly well for now as she never let me down and runs as strong as ever, whatever the temperatures she has to deal with...
I get the chassis washed twice a month though, to prevent any rust on the exhaust lines or worse, on the chassis itself...
Funny to enter a busy carwash and ask for the one thing nobody ever asks (chassis wash, all the time the guy wonders if his machine still works) and get out with a car just as dirty and saly as when it went in