Thread: Advanced 2-Day First time @ Laguna Seca
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: First time @ Laguna Seca

If your wife drives or can get a ride up to the corkscrew there is a vantage point across from the down side of the corkscrew that allows a commanding view of the track. I call it the "Sky Box". Sun block and/or an umbrella for shade is advisable and bring water to keep hydrated but it's a great place to watch from. You can see, with a few obstructions, from the corkscrew to turn five. There is nowhere else on the track that offers this much coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Thanks for the info on Laguna Seca being the West Coast SBRS HQ. I'll just make the most of the two days I have on the track. I can't wait!

My wife will be a spectator during the class. Any suggestions on good places around the track to watch? Can you drive around the infield to reach different parts of the track as at WGI? I see "pedestrian walkways" on the track map but it's not clear from Google Earth if they are adequate for cars.

Thanks

Merlin
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	4855   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	4856  

Last edited by dalyduo; 04-29-2013 at 06:29 PM.