View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Re: Feed-Forward/Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFS View Post
... the WORST thing you can do is go TFTS on us (Too Fast Too Soon). If you are too jacked up, and maybe you're not, but if you are, relax...belly breathe...find your happy place. A lot of guys come in and feel like they're paying a ton of money for three days of speed, and they go out and try to go as fast as possible in every session to get the most for their money, or to try to impress us, or.... Resist that temptation! Concentrate more on applying the techniques discussed in the classroom, and on being precise to the extreme. Think methodical precision. Speed will be a result of that, and you'll get much MUCH more for your money. Above all, HAVE FUN!!!!
SO TRUE - how many times I would return to the pits JUST KNOWING I just laid down my fastest laps of the day because "they felt fast" only to be shocked to see they were among my worst times of the day. What feels fast so often isn't, what seems to be too slow and overly smooth so often nets the best times....happened to me too many times to count. Drive the track, stay ahead, THINK THINK THINK / LEARN LEARN LEARN.

Back to PFS' point, nothing spoils a fun track day like Crash Damage Reports...the worst cha-ching in racing, they REALLY suck

"CD it is expensive and we don't recommend it"

Enjoy, looking forward to hearing your reports.