View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Thumbs up Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

I agree with your last statement completely Martin. If they mandate them and supply them (foc) no one will stomp away in protest and it might attract some who are on the fence. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but it does seem the belt slippage issue only happens with the older lipless models. If new models are supplied it may be "problem solved".

Somewhere buried in this thread I long ago suggested that cost plays a big part in this decision on all sides because if a HANS cost 20 bucks all helmet manufacturers would simply include one in the purchase price of a new helmet and this thread wouldn't exist. (Except perhaps for the slipping belt issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmama
Pat, I was mainly refering to Mr. Mike's observations one through three. I am not sure that before his post there have been many hints about a factual discussion like the one he is starting. Most posts are: "HANS saved this that and the other life!" or "It it too expensive" or "I do not want to be forced".

My post puts the freedom of choice aside for moment but delas with the "Tipping Point" and how to deal with it from a corporate point of view. Trust me: if SBRS made HANS mandatory (and supply them foc) there would not be one sinlge individual to seek out a different race series and all the desire for freedom would be gladly traded in.