View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005
Martin Zimmerman
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

Do Not require HANS. You can still wear an Open Faced Helmet. YIKES.

I have one, use it every time I get into the car.

Just got my HANS this year, a time or two to get it installed right. I am tall, 6' 2", with 'short' legs. Short is a 33" inseam. My seat postion is three from the front. Dr. John gave me some advice, tighten the belts, pull forward, tighten again, pull forward, tighten again. Works well for me. Three or four times; tighten, pull forward.

Sort of like Arm Restraints, if you have never been in a roll-over, you do not know what you are missing. Having been flipped at IRP some years ago, my hands 'slapped' my face several times, while I was going over & over & over. Yikes. Skippy does not require arm restraints.

How tight are my belts. If I do not Squeal they are not tight enough, then make them tighter. Most injuries are from Flopping Around in the car. My Engineering Degree brought that last comment on. Dr John's broken finger, knee caps, etc. And by the way Dr. John, I still carry those BIG Gloves with me, because YOU NEVER KNOW.