View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006
Taxi Cab Left Turn Only
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMitchell
I know...backwards thinking. The thing is, I'm seventeen years old and I have a family that doesn't neccesarily support my racing. So, I'll work for a summer in order to afford two or three days of racing. I'd hate to spend all the money I save up over three months on a safety device and have to wait a whole 'nother year to race. If I had the money readily available I'd buy the HANS in a heartbeat, before a suit or a couple hours of track time. But that's not yet the case, and I'm anxiously awaiting the day it is.
Michael, I'm not sure on your family situation, but I'm sure they realize that, whether they wan't you to or not, you're going to go racing. My guess is they don't 'support' your racing because they feel that it is too dangerous. If that be the case, all you should need to do is ask them to buy this important pice of safety gear..... Maby it can be an early or late birthday present. If they don't think you need it, just show them the research.