View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: An Open Letter to Skip Barber Regarding HANS devices - Please Vote & Give Feedback

Good info Mopar,

It's great that they've addressed the belt slippage issue.

There is absolutely no functional or structural integrity difference between the (lighter) Pro model HANS and what they call the "Economy" model. The Pro-model is 5 or 6 ounces lighter because it is 100% carbon fiber whereas the economy model is a mixture of carbon fiber and other heavier resins. No one at HANS will try to sell you the Pro model as being safer or stronger than the economy model. If 6 ounces makes a difference to you and you have the money, then you have the choice. Beyond that it's high end status play.

* Mopar 92 mentions that the model 20 works well for him because he uses it in different types of cars (the 20 model is for more upright production based cars. The 30 model is recommended for Skippy cars and the model number represents seat angle.) You can go to this link http://hansdevice.com/s.nl;jsessioni...=5&category=30 on the HANS web site and see which model is right for your needs.

There aren't really any good arguments for not getting one and the best argument for getting one is peace of mind for you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar92
I just got my new Hans in. I went for the Cheapo version, it was maybe $400 cheaper, but it weighs 1 gram more or something. For poeple reading this, the cheap version IS NOT fiberglass. Mine is the Economy version and is nicer than most older styles I have yet to see. It is the Economy series, model 20. I chose the model 20 because of all of the different type of cars I drive/race. I had to sit up 2.8 degrees more for it to be comfortable in the Skip car. It seems to be a great all around choice. It has the new "lips" On the shoulder piece that keep the belts on great. A much needed change. The back helmet support seems higher as well for when I back the next one in.... I am glad to see it getting cheaper. I have 2 thoughts.
1-They should be $400 so every club/short track racer can afford one.
2-Hans did their homework, and they should be rewarded with the end pricing...

Anybody who thinks about buying one should go ahead and thank yourself later..... My 2 cents..

Last edited by dalyduo; 05-06-2005 at 01:43 PM.