Thread: SCDA Track Days
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: SCDA Track Days

This is a funny thing.
Last weekend I was at LRP for the SCCA club race weekend. I was surprised at the speed of a Honda Prelude in the IT class. He was Smokin fast. Visibly faster than the other IT cars on track.

In My Group I kinda had blinders because of the pitched battle I was having with a Nissan GTL car. He had mechanical difficulties toward the end and I looked in the mirror and saw a car I thought was a Lapped vehicle a ways behind. I was also coming upon a group of slower cars that were having their own battle and since I was on the final lap..... I thought I would give them another lap to battle it out and follow them around instead of passing.
As I turned out of the Lefthander, I was given a mirror full of Honda Prelude! I had to use the lap traffic to keep him at bay until I could ramp up more speed. Going into West Bend I had 3 cars on the outside as I took the inside route through the corner. The Honda was Right on My tail !!! So I slowed a little and downshifted into 3rd gear and accelerated hard. I was hoping the Honda stayed in 4th and was off the powerband. I did stay ahead of him till the end but Damn that Prelude was fast.

In impound I met the Honda Driver..... Ian Prout. He drove the wheels off that car and then he posted it on you tube under ....... SCDA1.com Civic Si Limerock Park

Man he's fast in that car