View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: (iRacing) - World Record @ LRP in the MX5 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Congrats Flavien but if you've got the track record who's the car in front of you that maintains his distance while going 4 off in west bend and still manages to be in front of you at start/finish?
hahaha
As I said, the Japanese version, the Roadster in front of me, is a bit faster... 0.4s faster on average actually
If you notice, the driver is on the right side of the car
So my friend (that's Clément actually, that was with me when we met) can stay in front with quite a bit less effort than me. Less shifting required (only two actually... Down from 4th to 3rd on T1 and back to 4th in the no-name straight), he has larger tires, less understeer and better weight distribution for Lime Rock (6 right turn and only 1 left), the driver being on the right side of the car
I have yet to get the World Record in the Roadster. I am 5th for now with it fighting for world record in the Roadster with a time of 58.636s. World Record is at a staggering 58.533s
The roadster being globally the fastest out of both cars, pretty much all the very good drivers drive it instead of the cup. So I have a lot of work to do to get the WR with it than with the Cup...
It will be VERY hard to get, especially since I want to get this one with no draft at all... But I'll keep trying hehe
I'll post a video if I ever get it