View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

UPDATE 9/6

Just spoke to Randy Sippel today, as I wanted to get clear how things were going to run since it looks like we may have 8 folks joining the party whereas we only had 3 the time I went out before. People have been asking me questions about actual seat time and equipment. Here's the scoop:

Randy will guarantee 3 sessions, 7 laps each = 21 laps for each person. This is a minimum. When I did it, I think I got 6 sessions since there were only 3 of us. He will try to give us as many laps as he can, but he can only run till dark, which is about 7-7:30 pm these days. The earlier we start the more laps we can get. So, in the interest of maximum seat time, Randy is going to be set up and ready to go by 3 pm in Beaver Dam. Those who can make it by then can go ahead and jump in the cars and get going, those who can't can show up whenever they can, and they will be worked in. Randy feels that the easiest way to go about it is to get in the car, run your 3 sessions, and then get out, and then if there is time and room for more (which I am certain there will be), jump back in. That way everyone at least gets their minimum. We can even split up into folks who want to be there at 3pm and those who want to come at 4 or 4:30 and save some waiting time if that's an issue. Within reason, since this is a "private" school, we have flexibility in how we want to do it.

Regardless of how it runs, the cost will be $600 per person, total, everything inclusive, including track rental (which was extra last time). Randy is going to call and negotiate this as soon as he gets a definite number of drivers from me.

Drivers need to bring all their own driving gear-- he will have neck collars and arm restraints if you don't have.

As with any motorsports event, all drivers will be required to sign a waiver.

You will be responsible for ALL damage to your car. Whoever is driving the car at the time of the incident will be responsible. See first post for estimates. Only one car on the track at a time.

Payment by cash, check, or credit card on the day of the event.

Rain will cancel the event.

If you are interested in Randy supplying sandwiches, chips et al he can do that for whatever it costs him. I say we bring our own or go out for pizza later.

It takes 1 hour 15 min to drive from Elkhart Lake to Beaver Dam. I may ride with Randy in his toterhome, or I may drive down myself in time to be there by 2:45 or so--haven't quite decided yet. If I drive, I WILL be a DESIGNATED DRIVER for those like Craig who want to be intoxicated.

All those who want in please send me a Private Message letting me know that you are definite as soon as possible. I will assume that anyone I do not hear from is NOT going to run.

You can contact me by cell at 859.321.0268