Thread: Skippy Prototype Car ('05-'07): New Skippy Car Components Survey #3 of 8: SAFETY FEATURES
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: New Skippy Car Components Survey #3 of 8: SAFETY FEATURES

I like the idea of the Bead seat. In reviewing the link provided by George to www.baldspotsports.com, it appears that there is another option for the beaded seat as a multi-impact seat which could be re-used in the event of a crash.

I have (3) 2-part foam seats that are all very different in fit. Coincendently, they were all poured by the same person at different times and were all done under less then favorable conditions (not enough time spent / end of day / not enough foam...).

I would like to have a seat done the right way by a professional. The seats make a tremendous difference in my my ability to be comfortable, stable and confident - not to mention being able to see over the steering wheel.

I think anything more then $750/seat would be prohibitive and many people that would get a seat costing $100-$200 wouldn't get the beaded because of cost.

There should be a formal program set up for having the seats made (ie. wednesdays and thursdays, dedicated Seat maker at all friday practices ...).

There should be a program (seasonal donation to mechanics fund (ie. $100-200)) to transport the seats (in the trucks) for the season. In the event that someone needs there seat for a race outside of the region - there should be a set procedure and fee for shipping it (additional donation to mechanics fund).

I like the idea of a Halo as long as the driver can get out of the car in the event of an emergency.

I don't really care who buckles me in as long as I have the ability to get myself out of the car. There are always other drivers not racing that are more then happy to help out.

I like the idea of teathers - check out what can happen w/out them.