View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005
Coaching little league
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Red face Re: Karting for the whole family at Lime Rock in July

Hi guys!

So many of you know my son Tyler from the track or the awards banquet... I haven't been racing this year because of conflicts including coaching Tyler's Little League team, but he and I made it up to Endurance Karting's Family Camp on July 9 and HAD A BLAST! If any of you have been thinking of introducing your kids to racing, the folks at EK do a really great job!

July 9 was the day that the remnants of Hurricane Cindy came through, needless to say, it poured...but you all know how much I love driving in the rain and it was a great way to introduce Tyler to the finer points of car control. Coming down the straight flat out, turning in, lifting for a sec to kick the rear out, dialing in a little correction and then power sliding all the way around the turn - ON SLICKS! - was a panic! And Endurance Karting didn't even charge us extra for the rain!

Anyway, Tyler was pumped and though I'm biased, he did a pretty good job, especially considering the conditions (we were soaked down to our 'wares!)

He and I are planning to do a two-hour family endurance race on July 30. I asked him if he wanted to team up with another family but he declined, saying that they would slow down our team! He's my boy!

Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00092b.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	638   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00094b.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	639   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00098b.JPG