View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Re: Guide to putting together an In-Car Video Camera System

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Way more often than not Mike gets it right
I agree, but I do have this to say: I like Mike, I think he is knowledgeable, a very nice guy, and works hard, and I will probably continue to use him (although this new setup looks VERY interesting-- I'm going to have to check it out-- I'm using video more and more as a learning tool and it may be worth a $200 experiment) but the kiss of death in a business is not attending to customer problems, real or perceived. Being "too busy" or "backed up" to talk to a customer will cause you to lose their business. I've learned this the hard way myself, and I was made to realize how inconsiderate this feels from the client's (or in my case patient's) point of view. No matter how good your intentions, you just can't not have the time to communicate, or lose track of a customer issue -- that customer will go elsewhere.

Back to the topic of the thread: I've always wondered how long the lens stands up to the pitting from debris that occurs in an external, open-wheel mounting, both with the Juicy-recommended setup and now with this new little GoPro gizmo.