View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Thumbs down Re: Indy / Champ Car Merger?

In 1995 I attended the inaugural US 500 at MIS in Brooklyn, MI. This was the first season after the split and this race was to be the replacement or substitute for the Indy 500...

At the age of 10 I had already been watching CART for several years and was a very big fan! I had my favorite drivers and my least. I never missed a race. When I grew up I was gonna be a racecar driver. (I lost sight of that dream for a lil while due to a lack of support but that's another story...)

Now that the stage has been set I will get to my point. While at the race we saw a man wearing a custom silk screened t-shirt, its words were very clear and very simple: "Tony George is an ASSHOLE!"

I won't go into all the reasons I agree(ed) with the man then, or now, but there are many... This merger would be much easier for me to swallow if the IRL was closing up shop and everyone was coming home to Champcar. All I see is a couple more sell outs slinking over to the IRL and a few great tracks, their communities and any diehard Champcar fans as stubborn or more so as I, being let down...

call me stubborn, call me what you want, but that is my two cents