View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: Hello out there?

AHHHH!!! Not Face Book.

I may be accused of being a Troglodyte, but have taken every effort to avoid that scene.
The entire look-at-me, "selfie" approach may be cool for some, but I enjoy a conversation, something this forum has afforded. A place to ask a question and get responses that are more or less seriously thought out - not, "I Like" - or "Me too." that implies agreement - as if it was a poll.

The closest I get is LinkedIn, which is a bit more adult, and at least has a "point." I find this a nice place to drop into, especially for folks as I mentioned previously, that are in need a "focus" as they prep for a 3-Day, or 2-Day, that is "unvarnished" and based from the customer's perspective. I have great respect for the staff and Instructors I have had interface with, but their perspective is from outside the cockpit, not inside. Sure they've been there, and done that, but the varied interaction here is colored form a student/aspiring driver's perspective - unmotivated by selling seats.

There are several sites I frequent that face similar infrequent postings, but always find a useful gem there. For example one that is wholly focused on Independent Rear Suspensions,or the MAKO2 forum are 2 that come to mind. A third was focused on CF and composite construction and folded and was reborn - keeping log-in ids etc.

There I've said my piece. Am I alone? I know that running a forum has its expenses, I started a web page in 1996 and after 2 years of self support - quit it - Never went to the donation process. Would that help? I stand by.

Cheers - Jim

BTW - I am on the road - and in Anchorage AK it is 19F and just got 12" snow - Trying to get out of here to South East Asia for the winter. Meanwhile, I dream of sweating in my new set of racing togs, helmet, at my next 2-day at Sebring and some lapping too. I hope there may be some here to offer advice.