View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: I want to be a Grand-Am Sports Car Driver

Nothing wrong with having a taste Ryan... Can't go wrong with either one but I'd recommend the open wheel car as you'll feel the dynamics of the car and the affects your inputs have on it more clearly. Sounds like a super birthday gift from a very supportive family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona24 View Post
I know this is going to be a huge tease for me, but let me know what you guys think. The intro to racing and mx5 cup intro are 419 dollars right now until December 31st. This would be a cheap way to get a good amount of seat time in a great car and coaching for a good price. I will not be able to run a 3 day racing school for another 2 years (when I graduate college). So what do you guys think? This will be a birthday present from all of my family if I do it, and the only real other driving opportunities I will get until my 3 day is karting. Sebring or Road Atlanta is not to far from Jacksonville so I think it will be very worth it.

Thanks for the help,

Ryan