View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Living with a Corvette in winter in Quebec...

The few people on this forum that I've met might remember me with a not-so-well working V6 Slowstang... Well I got hit and the car is destroyed, so I changed
So what to do when you can only afford one car, live downtown Montreal and therefore don't really want to pay an extra 150$ a month for a proper garage spot and yet still want to have a fun car to drive everyday... Do you sacrifice your daily fun and buy a soulless Civic like everyone else?
Winters here can be bad... 15 inches snowstorm bad...
So last summer, I left my brain at home and I bought a '95 LT1 Corvette, knowing I will not have a parking spot, even less a garage, knowing it snows like hell in winter here, knowing it's considered as one of the worst possible car ever in the snow.

After lots of fun in summer with it, well, brace yourself, winter is coming
I bought myself a set of Pirelli SottoZero in 295 in the back and 245 in the front (I have C5 Z06 wheels), for a the price of a winter beater and most likely a couple months (if not more) of storage for the corvette and waited for the first snowstorm, still knowing that whatever happen, I have an 11 miles daily commute to do to go to work, whatever the weather...
When it arrived, I decided to film it and see how it goes...

Thanks for watching and reading it, hopefully it motivates some of you to transform this winter made of grey Civics and just as grey Corollas into something more colorful and nice

Good luck this winter! Soon you will be able to press that right pedal a bit harder and move at the same time again