Thread: I'm Here!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Re: I'm Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Perfection View Post
Congrats Mikey!
I did my 1 day racing school at Road Atlanta last year, and found something I had been searching for all my life; I just couldn't put a finger on it exactly until I drove a Formula car. I have been clawing at the Three-day school all year, and despite the efforts of a kindred spirit helping to realize it, it seems I have to go back under the knife for another round of melanoma removal, so bye bye school money. Hopefully I can make it next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Perfection View Post
Thanks for the well-wishes! Hopefully just another speed bump in the road.
The road can have a lot of speed bumps. But when you discover something so much a part of your being, it somehow transforms them all. I remember you writing after your RAtl school about having found something you had been searching for all your life, and wanted to respond at the time but I was caught up in other things and missed the opportunity. What you described about searching-- not knowing what you were looking for but hoping it was out there-- resonated powerfully for me, because that was exactly what I felt the first time I strapped into a formula car as the final 20-minute session in an introductory Car Control class. I was green and horrendous and all it was was the little autocross track at Lime Rock, but within one tour of that little piece of asphalt exactly the same feeling surged throughout my entire being: "This is what I've been looking for my entire life." It felt righter than anything I had ever experienced. Which led to the 3 most challenging, eventful, meaningful, and rewarding years of my time on this planet, and some of the best friends I've ever had. Get well and get back on track as soon as you can. The feeling you describe is precious beyond most of what passes for living.