View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: I need a new computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arig
I was going to post later tonight about what I bought. I hate to say it but I bought a Gateway desktop from Best Buy. It's an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ with 2 gig's of ram and a 250gig HD. I also got a nice 19" widescreen lcd and an all in one canon printer all for $850. Down the line when I can afford it, I'll buy a macbook but for now and for what I need and have, this computer is very fast and pretty cheap. I was already at $1243 for a macbook and I didn't really see the point in paying more for an apple and not getting the macbook(I was looking at an iMac). I appreciate everyone's advice(even though I disregarded it all). This computer will let me play iRacing's sim when it comes out, surf the net, and email for a reasonable price. I'll join the other side next time.
Sounds like a nice pc Ari. What type of graphics card did you get? That is just as important as the cpu in determining how well games will run on it. The top of the line right now is nVidea's 8800. A decent card would be something like an ATI x1600 or an nVidea 7600.