View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: What do you want to see new or more of on this site?

Don't think the name encourages or discourages participation or PC correctness. Members decide that. I think the name simply states the primary focus of the site from the beginning which was for and by people who actively participate in the SB race series. It's always been that way along with a smattering of folks who love motor sports in all kinds of ways.

The site has never been about keeping series mgt happy. It' s been about straight ahead communication and camaraderie in the SB regional race series when things are good and when they're not so good. We always thought the old mgt desire for us to go away was incredibly short sited. Not because we wanted their approval but because we wanted to be heard and responded to as customers. Aaron and George never got it. They were like kids with their fingers in their ears going "La La La" so they wouldn't have to hear or respond to what we were saying and it cost them a lot. Michael seems to understand there is value in hearing feedback both positive and negative. He also understands the value of having instructors in dialogue with customers in an open forum and encourages it. We probably haven't done enough to entice them back more.

So to be perfectly clear... The order that George and Aaron put on instructors not to post on this site is completely gone. Instructors and employees are free to post here any time they want. Most have gotten out of the habit... And we should do more to encourage them by creating more interesting and entertaining threads. When the content and exchanges are interesting things get viral fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockRacer View Post
Ok....I have to chime in...not sure I want to be in the "old guard" category though...prefer " younger getting older middle something or another"....

I vote to go back to Team Juicy Racing as our web site name and address. True enough some of our esteemed northeastern founders exist but the site was never eastern only. I believe our quest to garner approval and participation from the Series mgt. Has diluted the freedom of expression on this site. TJR has stickiness and and certain amount of humor and irreverence. We have become way too PC and I think that is one overriding reason the site has lost some activity. Certainly the amount of racing for some has decreased due to the obvious economic issues.

True enough Aaron and George's ban on instructor participation started the whole process and I believe Michael is more open to what his customers think. In the end this site should not be about keeping series mgt. Happy. It should be a forum for friends and like minded people to share communicate and learn. If the harsh reality of what series participants say is hard to hear at times mgt can decide whether they want to participate and listen to the free feedback or to ignore it.

Harsha's point about the friendly trash talking and jabbing is completely gone now. No one wants to do race recaps anymore for lots of reasons. I think one of the reasons is because the hassle of possibly offending some one by failing to mention them or saying the wrong thing makes it not worth the effort.

There are tons of intelligent and witty personalities in this community. Let's get them back to voicing whatever
it is they want to say. We need to get back to having fun and not being so sensitive about how someone feels or what they post. Until this happens the site will continue to decline.

The new instructor only site seems to be a mistake to me. I do not see many instructors posting anymore on the general site. If they need to communicate privately then they cam PM or e mail. Lets blend them back in. They are sorely missed.