Thread: Hello all!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Hello all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrosnan View Post
Thanks for all the replies, i did sign up for the 2 day advanced school in lime rock monday the 16th and 17th august. so i'm lookin forward to that now. i cant wait. i am a little nervous though. i was talking to the person on the phone. it seems to be a bit more serious thean the 3 day school. i forgot to ask but i picked up a pair of shoes and gloves for myself. but should i be buying a pair of nomex underwear for this. i have a nomex balaclava they gave me after the 3 day, nomex shoes and gloves. so i will have at least one layer of protection with the suit they supply. would i need another layer with the nomex sock and underwear? thanks again
If you're thinking of running in race weekends then I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a good set of Nomex socks and underwear. If you don't think you're going to race then I wouldn't bother with the Nomex.

If you wind up running in the series you'll probably want your own helmet, Nomex race suit, HANS device, at least two sets of Nomex underwear and a poured foam seat insert. (The insert keeps you firmly planted in the car requiring much less arm strength while cornering)

When you're at a track and don't have access to a washer/dryer the Nomex will get awfully ripe after multiple days use during a race weekend, so a second set offers some relief.

Not sure I'd call the two day more serious than the three day. It is more focused on preparing you for the race series and some might say a lot more fun as well. You'll probably have a ball.