Thread: Hello all!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010
That Guy at LRP's Uphill
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Hello all!

Mike, it was good to get a quick word with you at lunch! I had forgotten to check up on this thread (and indeed, with only a measly 14 posts, forgotten that I'd even read it! Must have been internetting-while-tired).

Your school was great to work-10 cars on course at a time allowed everyone their maximum track time, good situational-awareness training, and me the opportunity to work the blue flag (Unlike the MAZDASPEED 2-Day that ran alongside with just two students and instructors each). The group overall did well, and fortunately for Bruce and the others, required no additional paperwork ($$$ spent on your part). I'm glad you got yourself some gloves and shoes-the former are required in any advanced activity by the rulebook, despite the occasional instructors' ignorance.

While we're discussing safety equipment, I would like to recommend TeamDI (Driving Impressions) for your consideration if only for the fact that it's run by Robert (Bob) Zecca, whose Northern-Jersey-based store called Lime Rock Park home for the past 20 years. The economy, etc. forced the track to persuade him that the building across the paddock would be better utilized for their purposes this spring. He's completely dedicated himself and his efforts to motor racing in the northeast, its administration (as a member of the Northern New Jersey Region SCCA Board of Directors), and its protection through driver safety. Basically, he's "a good guy." Send him an e-mail from the Driving Impressions site to work with him on purchases, it would be worth it.

It was great meeting you and some of the other students; happy motoring and see you back soon!