Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2009
Burger Flipper #2
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4
Re: Solutions to the Point of Diminishing Returns

Paul,
Change your perception of #2. I don't believe that innate talent/ability are fixed. If so, what is the point of going on?
This is what you are really developing. Driving a car is much like any other physical skill. We all have the potential to do the mechanical motions as good as anyone else. It is the control of the mechanical motion that is what needs development. That control is the brain and how it interprets the information. Driving the lap is all about a series of events that you have to mechanically perform at a predetermined pace since the track is a fixed element. (aside from weather, that is) Understanding what you need to do at every point on the track is key. When the plan gets a little off, adjustments are needed. Perfecting the plan at a pace you can handle is what practice is all about. As you get better at execution of the plan, the pace can be increased. If the execution gets sloppy, back off the pace and get accurate again. Be ready to adapt to the result of mistakes and have enough skills to deal with those mistakes. Those skills, car control, can be practiced in other ways. Autocross, skid pad, etc. Use experience, past mistakes not fixed correctly, to better deal with them in the future.
Simulation is very helpful for the perfection of the plan, as long as you do it perceptively, and it cost a lot less.
I would recommend get some car control seat time, lot's of it if you can.
Cheers

Bookmark This Thread