Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 04-10-2006
Mdwst Series Condom Model
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Shifter kart advice

Hi all-

I'm looking at picking up a shifter kart to start hitting Moran near LA. Anyone have advice on this? I've done a bunch of indoor and outdoor karting, but that doesn't even come close to shifters. I no NOTHING about shifter karts. Any recommendations on brand, model, etc, would be VERY appreciated.

I want something for conditioning (both mental and physical).

Thanks!
J.
Old 04-11-2006
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Re: Shifter kart advice

I like Kart Mini chassis from Brazil. CRG and Bierel are top of the line chassis's as well. The newest Kart Mini shifter chassis is very nice. I have last years shifter chassis. I run a stock Honda motor and race it in the stock moto class. Maintainance is very low with this engine. I also run a Kart Mini chassis with my 125 cc direct drive(very high maintainance) as well and my wife's Rotax is a Kart Mini chassis.

Check out

http://www.kartmini.com/
Old 04-12-2006
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Jason,

I think a lot will have to do with your time and money budget. If you have someone/team to take care of maintenance and transport, you could basically have an arrive and drive situation, but it could get pricey.

I'm not familiar with the stock moto classes, so I can't comment.

I run a Birel CR-32 chassis with a TM K9b motor on Bridgestone YJC or YJB tires. I don't know the situation in the US, but if you want, I can give you a rundown of operating costs, but ain't cheap especially compared to Rotax or other TAG classes.
Old 04-12-2006
Mdwst Series Condom Model
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Cool. Thanks guys! I've picked one up. Ended up getting a pretty good deal on a Parolin chassis with a kart-built 125 honda engine. I'll see how it turns out, but for the price I couldn't pass it up.

J.
Old 09-21-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

I have been researching shifter karts and found the TAG is the way to go for a pure "Driver series" perspective.

Bookmark This Thread