Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 04-17-2007
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: DRAFT CRAFT

Sounds like you had as much fun with your hamster as humans should be allowed to have.

Did you stay for the banquet and see Doug's video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands
It was a wonderful chance to cuddle, feed, nuzzle and truly be One With Your Hamster, and to learn the subtle nuances of work and play in hamster society in their natural environment, the long straights and high-banked corners of "The Greatest Racetrack in the World!" After all the mocking, tittering, and general hilarity at the expense of these noble little critters, I would have expected a better turnout for a look behind all those stereotypes. Where were you guys??? Oh well, you missed some great racing on a really fun track!
Old 04-18-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo
Sounds like you had as much fun with your hamster as humans should be allowed to have.
Did you stay for the banquet and see Doug's video?
It was a HamsterFest!! I learned a lot about what the draft can and can't do for you. But would have been a ton more fun with all of you in another 8 cars on the grid.

Unfortunately, I had a meeting on Monday that I couldn't reschedule, so I flew out Sunday before the banquet. Did I miss something?? Should Doug send me a copy of the vid?
Old 04-25-2007
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Besides the hightened front and back straight hamster passing opportunities at VIR there was a new one created going into the esses. On the first lap of the (Race group 2) Champ race I got loose through 5a and Gabriel Chavez took a run at me on the short chute under the bridge. Though nowhere near even with me at turn in, he had momentum and took it two wheels and 3/4th off to dive bomb across that first left hand side curbing forcing me to lift or crash. It was a low percentage move that quickly earned him a black stick but the radio chatter seemed to indicate lots of other less risky successful attempts later in the race

Passing at the top of the esses seems to me to be another high risk low reward guaranteed pass back on the back stretch because you've killed your momentum down into Oak Tree.

Last edited by dalyduo; 04-26-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo
Besides the hightened front and back straight hamster passing opportunities at VIR there was a new one created going into the esses. On the first lap of the (Race group 2) Champ race I got loose through 5a and Gabriel Chavez took a run at me on the short shoot under the bridge. Though nowhere near even with me at turn in, he had momentum and took it two wheels and 3/4th off to dive bomb across that first left hand side curbing forcing me to lift or crash. It was a low percentage move that quickly earned him a black stick but the radio chatter seemed to indicate lots of other less risky successful attempts later in the race

Passing at the top of the esses seems to me to be another high risk low reward guaranteed pass back on the back stretch because you've killed your momentum down into Oak Tree.
If you have more than one car in front of you, pulling off a pass just before the start of the second set of esses actually works pretty well, since you'll still have someone in front of you to draft out of oak tree a few turns later. I agree that if there is only one car immediately in front of you in the esses, it's not really worth passing, as you'll only get repassed on the back straight (unless, of course, you are killing the guy you just passed in turn 10).

Bookmark This Thread