Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 04-01-2010
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Sebring ADV2 3/29-30...

Hey Guys,

I won't get home til late tomorrow afternoon (Friday), and it'll probably be a few days before I'll have had the opportunity to go through all the photos & video and to write a cogent summary of my 2-Day school. That said, I wanted to post a quick note to say that I had a blast, got MUCH faster over the two days, and really enjoyed being back in the car.

A BIG thank you to Keith, Gerardo, and Jonatan for all the great instruction, encouragement, and kind words. It was a real treat and a pleasure to be able to drive on the track with these guys and to receive their feedback after each session. Lots of great input; I was trying hard to assimilate and apply everything I was told in each debriefing. I must have been heading in the right direction, as the speed and my ability to stay way ahead of the car really improved. I can't wait for my first race weekend!

I'll try to start writing up the detailed description of my experience at the school over the weekend. Hopefully, I'll have something worthy of public consumption by early next week. For now...

Best Regards,
Ken
Old 04-03-2010
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Sebring ADV2 3/29-30...

Outstanding Ken... Can't wait to see your full report. :-)
Old 04-03-2010
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Great Ken, thanks, do you think your aerobatic experienced helped in 'staying ahead of the car' (so hugely important)

It is now RACE TIME! Nothing like it, hope you are able to continue.
Old 04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Great Ken, thanks, do you think your aerobatic experience helped in 'staying ahead of the car' (so hugely important)
Absolutely! What are the two most important things in aviation? The next two things. Same in racing. The sense of calm and confidence necessary to relax one's grip on the stick (or wheel), let the feel of the machine flow through oneself as it makes its needs known, and to keep thinking ahead seem to me to be the same in the car as in the plane.

Some of the parallels are physical, others are simply about mindset, but I know without question that I'll be a better race driver because of all the varied flying I've done & taught. Can't wait for the first green flag!

Ken
Old 04-04-2010

OK, I got my website updated with some blog text and photos from the 2-Day. I also wrote up some brief track notes, more for my own recollection than anything else, but thought others might be interested, too. Scroll to the bottom of my 'racing' page for the links.

http://www.kenbalch.com/Kens_World/Racing.html

As soon as I get the video back from Helix, I'll edit a few laps together and post them, too.

Special thanks to Keith for affixing his MyTach (http://www.mytach.co.uk/) to my car for Day 2 of the school and generating a great deal of very interesting data for me, entirely free of charge. Thanks, pal!!

Ken

Bookmark This Thread