Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 06-04-2012
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Hello!

My name is Dan Burns, my wonderful fiance bought me a gift certificate for the 1 day High Performance Driving School, so I'm here craving info related to it!

I recently purchased a 2012 Mustang V6 w/ Perf. Package, and am looking to get involved in some autocrossing and track day events down the road.
Old 06-05-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: New Member

Welcome Dan,

Your one day HPDS is a great way to better learn and enjoy the performance envelope of your Mustang.

You'll spend time at the limit on the skidpad, autocross and emergency braking and turning exercises. All of these exercises are practiced in high performance cars such as the Lotus Evora, Lexus IS-F and Porsche 911. In the afternoon you will receive a track talk and then experience several lead-follow sessions in small groups at gradually increasing speeds on track. By the end of the day you'll better understand and respect the capabilities and limits of high performance cars.

Most people leave with a big smile on their face wishing they'd signed up for the 2-day HPDS.

If you're serious about autocrossing and track days then the 3 day racing school would be the best next step after the HPDS

Let us know how it goes for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenatDan View Post
Hello!

My name is Dan Burns, my wonderful fiance bought me a gift certificate for the 1 day High Performance Driving School, so I'm here craving info related to it!

I recently purchased a 2012 Mustang V6 w/ Perf. Package, and am looking to get involved in some autocrossing and track day events down the road.
Old 06-05-2012
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Western Re: New Member

Give your Fiance a big hug for giving you the school. Remember how big the hug was because after the school, you will give your Finance a big hug and you do not want to crush your Fiance.
If your Finance can go with you and observe, that would be an opportunity to see firsthand the pleasure that the gift provides.

I have a nephew who seldom smiles (just his personality, I sent him through the one day school and it took two weeks for the smile to not be plastered on his face.
Old 06-05-2012
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

I sent my daughter to this school.
All the way to Lime Rock she called this a "lame" activity for Old Guys like me.

Fast Forward to Ride Home;

"That was the Greatest Day of my Life!!!!!! I thought I was a great driver before i got here. Then I found out I really wasn't so good. But I learned a LOT and I know I still have a lot to learn. Thanks Dad."

She still remembers.

She also sat in the Caterham and said..... "When Do I get to drive?"

Your Fiance has startled a sleeping giant that will never be the same again!

Good Luck to your wallet. It will hemorrage cash for years to come!

The drug of unbridled speed, coupled with learned skill, is too much for one man to resist!

Have Fun
Old 06-06-2012
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
If your Finance can go with you and observe, that would be an opportunity to see firsthand the pleasure that the gift provides.
Finance. That's perfect, Redneck.

"Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis." ~ Carroll Smith
Old 06-06-2012
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

I've had fiancee prospects, but just don't seem to be able to reel in a "finance". I hope it might work out while I can still drive.

Bookmark This Thread